A lot of people now take advantage of the Internet to introduce and sell their products online. However, to be truly successful in this endeavor, one must know the importance of good SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
If you are new to online selling, you must know that a good SEO strategy will help you achieve greater site visibility in different search engines like Google, Yahoo, and MSN. This, in turn, will result to more traffic coming in to your site. Anyway, here are some SEO tips – dos and don’ts – for beginners like you.
1. Do not purchase a new domain unless you have to. This is applicable to those who already have websites but decided to sell their products just now. You must know that search engines calculate the domain age and how long your site has been around. If you get a new domain, you will again wait for some time before your site gets indexed and gains traffic.
2. Do not optimize your site mainly for search engines. Optimize it for audience. Why? Because search engines alter their algorithms and often give priorities to web pages that are user-friendly.
3. Research your primary keywords and keyword phrases extensively. This is of primary importance in every SEO campaign. Why? Because getting no.1 in for example, Google for unrelated keyword will not bring your site any profit. Make sure you use long tail keywords instead of general terms so that visitors can easily find your site. You can use Google Adwords and other keyword generating tools to find the right keywords for your niche.
4. Content is king. So, make sure you write only unique, original, and high quality content. If you can’t do this, you can hire writers to do content writing for a fee, let’s say $ 3 for a 500-word article.
5. Get backlinks to your website. To do this: turn your site into a link worthy site. You can either use videos to educate your online visitors, include tips and news, or simply create high quality content.
These are just a few tips to help your new site achieve high search engine rankings. If you want to know more SEO tips, visit www.lazyjon.com.
More Seo Tips Articles