8 Best Blogging SEO Tips
Your blog must be search engine friendly if you want to generate the kind of traffic with it that can boost your online success. If it’s not, you’ll be your own best kept secret and who needs that! The following blogging search engine optimization (SEO) tips should help you get the results that you want.
1. As often as possible, include keywords in your domain name and if you’re domain name is made with a keyword phrase, add dashes between each word.
2. Custom permalink search engine optimization is one of the most important elements in regards to blog SEO. This means using keywords in the titles of your blog posts, whereas the titles in turn become links to your blog. The primary benefit of being permalink optimized is that this method of blog marketing helps improve your keyword positioning in search engine results. Inevitably search engines are going to deliver targeted traffic to your blog with the end result of you achieving your online business goals: that’s goal.
3. Incorporate keywords into the content of your posts as well, not over-doing it and making your posts appear to be spamming. And insert photos or other images, videos, podcasts, free downloads and other types of files from time to time, to make your blog more interesting.
4. Also sprinkle Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords throughout your posts that are relevant to the content on the post. LSI’s are keywords which are very closely relevant to your primary keyword. You can find them by is using Google’s keyword tool. Once you’ve picked your main keyword you can find out the LSI keywords under the results you found and sort by relevance.
5. Write articles for your blog that are original and try to update your blog. If you’re serious about success, you’ll find the time or outsource the blogging to ghostwriters or virtual assistants.
6. Add meta tags to each of your blog posts including, title, description, and keywords. Have the title keywords closely match the blog post title. And set up categories using keywords, placing blog posts in these categories.
7. Become a backlinking expert or hire someone to do your blog linking work for you. You’ll want to make sure they’re high quality backlinks otherwise your wasting your time and money.
8. Once your blog is set up with quality posts, register it with various search engines.
Being search engine friendly will eventually bring you the mother-load of visitors and cash flow. If you want a lot of quality blog visitors, your SEO efforts will be the key to your success.
Get Off to a Great Start With These Blogging Tech Tips
If you’re ready to start blogging and want to do it right from the start, you probably aren’t sure where to begin. The following tips will help you get started in the right direction and help you generate revenue as a part-time job or a full-time business. Blogging can take some effort on your part, but the activity can be well worth it in the long run.
1. There are several blogs services out there however the most popular at the moment are WordPress blogs. They’re very user-friendly, and Google loves them if they are set up correctly. These blogs are robust when it comes to creating pages, posting and managing your content, too.
2. WordPress provide numerous free, professional look themes for you to choose from, and these themes are very easy to install. You can also purchase a custom theme if you want something more personalized.
3. Come up with a domain name for your blog and get it registered. A good domain name will represent your brand in addition to helping you get noticed inside the blogging community and online world in general. Using keywords in your domain can also help attract more readers and search engines.
4. Choosing a web hosting company is one of the most important things you can do. You’ll want to choose one that supports WordPress installs, offers email service, and other resources. Do your homework online reading reviews and comparing costs. Choose a company with a good reputation. Remember the old adage – you get what you pay for, so don’t necessarily go with the cheapest option.
5. Take advantage of the power of plugins. They can really boost the power and functionality of your blog. Visit the blog service’s online community to find out the best ones to use. You don’t want to over-due it though. Too many plugins can slow down the load time of your blog.
6. Develop some type of plan so that you have goals for the outcome of your blogging work. Don’t just want cash. In other words, how is the money going to be generated? Have plans and track them to make sure your system works. You don’t want to drive traffic to your blog only to find that your affiliate links or shopping cart links don’t work right, and as people click them, they lead to your competitors’ sites or other places.
Get help as needed with virtual assistants and ghostwriters so that you have plenty of good blog posts. And keep up with technology and the web in the realm of blogging. As blogging evolves, so should your plans.
Related Seo Tips Articles