Since Google starts giving preference to blogs and websites with https over HTTP; many blogs have been looking for how to set https on their blogs. Many WordPress users are already using the free https that comes with many hosting companies and some use Cloudflare free https on Cloudflare. Buy an SSL certificate, if you are using it for business purpose or your hosting is not giving free SSL certificate; buy SSL certificate from Namecheap at 1.99 dollars here.
[amazon_link asins=’B07BLPHRX9,B01JLCKP1Q,B07C1QDLM8′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’oworock-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9b1fb8cb-5459-11e8-a53d-e5331c154438′]
Blogger blogs with custom domain have been left out of the goodies because of Blogger not supporting the custom domain; only blogs with blogger subdomains are supported previously. The good news is blogger blogs with custom domains can easily add their blog to secure encryption platform of https.
How to set blogger https with a custom domain
- Go to your blogger dashboard
- select settings on the menu and click on basic
- After selecting scroll down to where you will see HTTPS after your custom domain and then select yes in the box
- After selecting yes, you will see a notification like in the picture below in on your dashboard, that shows your activation is successful
- The last step in this tutorial is optional; therefore, you need a little explanation understand if you need it or not. Once you change your blog to https, then you have divided your visitors between HTTP and https URL. To be able to redirect your visitors to the new one then you need to activate HTTP redirect to https.
NOTE: After you do the activation don’t forget to change your site information from HTTP to https on your Google search console to have a concentrated traffic from search engines.
What is your opinion on the new development? Let us hear you through the comment section below.